Eating out is part of any good time and it is good to have a choice of the different cultural foods we are surrounded by. Whether you want a fine dining experience or somewhere more casual to take the kids then there are plenty of good restaurants to choose from in Southern Melbourne. Here are just a few that may make your mouth water.
- The Crux and Co is a daytime eatery supplying breakfasts and all day food. Catering for Vegetarians, vegans and gluten free in their menu they are a great place to go for a breakfast or snack that will not upset your diet. With outdoor seating available or take away meals they are great for people on the go.
- Fabulous Fine Foods offer casual dining and Modern Australian food in a child friendly atmosphere with gluten free options and a vegetarian friendly menu, with choices to suit the whole family.
- The Parlour, Cheltenham is a café serving Italian, Modern Australian food and tea and coffee. Open every day it is a place offering casual dining in light airy surroundings. With breakfast and lunch menus every day of the week there is something for everyone.
- Belle Rose Wood Fired Pizza in Malvern East offers casual dining or take away Pizzas. With lots of selection and ample toppings. There is wheelchair access to in the restaurant and the menu is vegetarian friendly. Found in a shopping strip opposite a shopping centre, it is a handy place to eat. Where you will meet the welcoming and friendly family owners.
- If you decide to try some Thai Sumalee in Bentleigh is a thai casual diner open every evening except Monday. The great food is served in a warm, inviting environment and caters for vegetarians to. There is also a take away menu and the food is known to be full of flavour.
- Should Mexican food be a favourite of yours Then Mexico City’s second restaurant is also in Bentleigh. Known for Mexican and tex-mex the menu is vegetarian friendly with gluten free options. They are child friendly with outdoor as well as indoor seating. With friendly and welcoming staff and the food in homely portions the place is great for a family meal.
- For Japanese or Sushi, Irori in Brighton is the place to be. For casual dining this hidden Japanese gem is vegetarian friendly and also serves take-aways. Open every evening but Monday this restaurant has a full bar and outdoor seating. On the higher cost range it is worth making a reservation as the place is has limited seating.
- Barca Food and Wine in Armadale caters for European, Spanish and Modern Australian tastes. With Vegetarian friendly and Gluten free options there is lots to choose from on the menu. Child friendly with outside seating and a smoking area, they also cater for special functions and take away food is also available.
With all this choice there is always somewhere to go to feed your family or for that special meal. Whether you are looking for good fast food, or a touch of class there is plenty to find in the South Melbourne area.