Good food and a nice atmosphere are qualities that make for a good dining experience. Throw in the choice of restaurants in Eastern Melbourne with food from all over the world and the experience just gets better. Whether you are looking for that quiet little meal for two or somewhere to take the whole family, here is a list of just some of the best places in town.
- For fine dining that is not pretentious you can visit Mercer’s Restaurant in Eatham. They have been serving fine food from there cottage style restaurant for 15 years and although they have won many accolades they are still friendly and accommodating to the clients.
- Altair at Warrandyte is another fine dining place with lovely food and nice surroundings to relax in. With Weekend breakfasts and lunch and dinner Wednesday to Sunday this place is also very accommodating with gluten free, vegetarian and vegan choices. Wheelchair access, WiFi and a full bar are perhaps a strange but welcome mix.
- O My is a casual dining experience in Beaconsfield, serving fine dining Australian food on evening and weekends. With a choice of outdoor and indoor seating with different seating styles it has something for everyone.
- Brother Fox in Hawthorn is a casual dining establishment which is child friendly. They have an all-day breakfast and lunch menu with Gluten free options and is vegetarian friendly. The rustic, industrial décor adds a different style to the contemporary cuisine which you can wash down with craft beers.
- Ambrosia Café Bar Foodstore in Berwick, serves Pizza, Tapas and Modern Australian food. They are open every day and serve breakfasts. With a heated outdoor seating area you have a choice of rustic and comfortable and the children are very welcome. The food is varied so there is plenty of choice for everyone and the quality is really good.
- If you fancy some Afghani or Middle Eastern food you could do worse than visit Afghan Rahimi for some casual dining in Dan Open every evening they serve a dine in menu and various banquet menus for parties and vegetarians are catered for too. There is ample space for large parties to sit at long tables or the more individual tables for two or four people in the beautiful surroundings. A great place for group celebrations in nice surroundings.
- For Vietnamese food Pho Hung Vuong 2 in Springvale is open all day but often has long queues. The food is so good people just keep coming back, however the way of the place is ‘eat and go’. No sitting around drinking the great coffee, the business has too many people waiting for your seat. Maybe not the place for a romantic dinner but for a quick tasty meal all these queuing people cannot be wrong.
- For casual dining and Modern Australian food, Sketches Café Bar Restaurant is a lovely light, clean eatery with a fine dining area too. The café food and the fine dining are both good and the service is friendly.