Whether you are looking for fine dining or casual dining, when you go out for a meal in Western Melbourne, you still want good well-presented food in a clean healthy environment. Quality and cleanliness are not a luxury; they are the basics of a good restaurant.
For the real fine dining of the Flower Drum in the Central Business District you may have to book 3 months in advance. So with that in mind, here are some of the best restaurants in town that you can access easily at a time to suit you whether you want a meal with the kids or a nice dinner for two.
- Avanti at Witchmount in Plumbton is a casual dining experience serving Italian and Modern Australian food in a rustic environment. Open from noon to evening Wednesday to Sunday, you can enjoy a meal of your choice at your leisure. They are child friendly, have wheelchair access and serve gluten free and vegan food and are vegetarian friendly, so everyone should find what they want in a nice meal here.
- For some modern Australian pub food, you could go to The Plough Bistro in Bacchus Marsh. Although they call it pub food it is very good food presented in an artistic way. It is not a cheap experience and the emphasis is on presentation over quantity, so this place understates itself. It is not a place for big meals and hearty sandwiches as it’s description may imply; the food is much more fine dining in its delivery.
- The Salsa Mexican Restaurant in Werribee is a casual dining place serving Mexican food with a happy smile. The food is good and the atmosphere friendly. What more could you ask from a casual dining experience. They are open every day but Monday
- If you have a desire for Chinese or Asian food, then Dragon Express in Sunshine is great for eating in or take away meals. Open every day but Monday you can have a casual dining experience for lunch or dinner most of the week or a take away to finish off an activity evening.
- If Thai food is more to your liking, then Caroline Thai Restaurant may tickle your fancy. This place is open every day and has wheelchair access as well as outdoor dining areas. Reasonably priced they are also vegetarian friendly and being open mainly in the evenings they have a full bar. It has an extensive menu and the dining in experience is very pleasant., with a nice ambience for your meal. Again take away food is also available.
- Sunshine Charcoal Chicken adds a little something to your chicken and chips. Not exactly fine dining but just the thing for a meal with the kids or a take away. They do fish and chips too so you are not totelly limited in your choice.
- The Rolling Dough. This fast food pizza place in Sunshine is open 7 days a week so is ideal for a sit in meal or a take away. With ample amounts of toppings and vegetarian options, it is great to satisfy that pizza craving when you are in a hurry.